DelveInsight’s “Myopia Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of Myopia, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Myopia market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
Some of the key facts of the Myopia Market Report:
- As per a study by Morgan et al. (2017), the prevalence of myopia in young adults is around 80–90%, and an accompanying high prevalence of high myopia in young adults (10-20%).
- A study by Smith M.J. et al., (2015), quoted that the average rate of Myopia is approximately 0.50 D (diopter) per year.
- It is estimated that over 285 million people in the world have vision impairment and that 42% of this is due to uncorrected refractive errors. Furthermore, myopia affected 1.89 billion people worldwide in 2015, and it was predicted that if prevalence rates remained the same, it would affect 2.56 billion people by 2020.
Key benefits of the report:
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Myopia, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Myopia epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Myopia is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the Myopia market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Myopia market
Got queries? Click here to know more about the Myopia Market Landscape
Myopia (also known as nearsightedness) refers to a spectrum of ocular disorders in which the far point of the eye is closer to the retina than the infinity. It is becoming a worldwide epidemic and imposes a tremendous public health burden. Consequently, the global initiative for eliminating avoidable blindness has grouped refractive error as one of the five leading causes of blindness and visual impairment in the world.
Age is one of the major risk factors for myopia, and visual stress experienced by adults as a result of doing detailed work, such as reading or using a computer, leads to the development and progression of myopia over time. Myopia is typically associated with axial elongation and control of myopia results in slower axial length.
Myopia Diagnosis- This segment of the report covers the detailed diagnostic methods or tests for Myopia. Patients with myopia and these symptoms should be promptly examined by a retina specialist.
Myopia Treatment- It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies available in the Myopia market for the treatment of the condition. It also provides Myopia treatment algorithms and guidelines in the United States, Europe, and Japan.
Myopia Epidemiological Insights
According to DelveInsight’s analysis, there are more cases of mild myopia as compared to moderate and severe myopia
A study by Nemeth J. et al, titled “Update and Guidance on Management of Myopia”, (2021), quoted that in White European children, average yearly progression rates for myopia and axial length were −0.41 D and −0.30 mm, respectively, between 6 and 16 years of age and −0.16 D and 0.15 mm, respectively, between 12 and 22 years
The Myopia epidemiology section provides insights about the historical and current Myopia patient pool and forecasted trends for individual seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the Myopia market report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Myopia epidemiology scenario in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
Myopia Epidemiological Segmentation
- Myopia Total Prevalent Cases
- Myopia Severity-specific Prevalence
- Myopia Age-specific Prevalence
- Myopia Diagnosed and Treated cases
The Myopia market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Myopia market trends by analyzing the impact of current Myopia therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.This segment gives a thorough detail of Myopia market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated Myopia market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Myopia market in 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019-2032.
Learn more by requesting for sample @ Myopia Market Landscape
Myopia Key Companies
- Johnson & Johnson Vision
- Zeiss International
- Alcon Vision LL
- Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
- Paragon Corneal Refractive Therapy
- Paragon Z CRT
Myopia Market Market Drivers
- Growing cases of vision loss
- Technological advancements in the type or range of treatments available on the market such as LASIK surgery
Myopia Market Market Barriers
- Stringent government approvals
- Excessive use of digital channe
Table of Contents
- Key Insights
- Report Introduction
- Executive Summary of Myopia
- Disease Background and Overview
- Epidemiology and patient population
- Myopia Emerging Therapies
- Myopia Market Outlook
- Market Access and Reimbursement of Therapies
- Myopia Report Methodology
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Click here to read more about Myopia market
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Kritika Rehani
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States